Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Arte y pico Award


 Updated 3/2017--photos and all links removed as many are no longer active and it was easier than checking each one.

I’ve just been given this award by Chrysalis Angel.  This is why she says I deserve it:
For creativity, her site can not be beaten. She not only sutures for a living, but she sutures for fun. She makes some of the most beautiful, amazing quilts. I don’t know how she finds the time. She is also someone I call friend. I felt a connection with her immediately. She understands how I feel about babies with fur (dogs). You all will love her blog. She is also a huge amount of support for me right now, which I appreciate.
Thank you CA! 
The rules are as follows:
1.You have to pick five blogs that you consider deserve this award in terms of creativity, design, interesting material, and general contributions to the blogger community, no matter what language.
2. Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3. Each winner has to show the award and give the name and link to the blog that has given him or her the award itself.
4. Each winner and each giver of the prize has to show the link of “Arte y pico” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5. To show these rules.

I, like CA, always worry about making these choices, but here goes:
1.  Penny Sanford's Porcelains -- Penny lives in Mississippi and is a sculptor, quilter, Westie dog rescuer, family historian, sharer of recipes, etc. 
2.  Nobody Important who describes herself as "Retired from hospital pharmacy, wasting too much time reading blogs and surfing the internet and now addicted to Second Life. Who said retirement was easy?"  Her blog covers books, family, travels, etc.
3.  Theresa, Rural Doctoring, who's blog I really enjoy.  She covers her medical practice (hospitalist and family doctor who delivers babies), books, rural life, and recently her time with Zippy the Lobster.
4.  T, Notes of an Anesthesioboist, who writes so well about practicing anesthesiology, learning to play the oboe, her family, books, etc
5.  The Sterile Eye who is a Norwegian medical photographer.  I love all the videos he shares with us.  He is very good at his job and writes well too.





4 comments:

jmb said...

Congratulations yourself Ramona, you are indeed a very creative woman. Being a quilter of a lesser breed, I more than anyone can appreciate your skill with fabric and thread.
I'm sure you do a pretty mean suture too and your medical posts are an invaluable source to many I am sure.

Thank you for passing on this award to me. It seems I am in very illustrious company and I will have to check out these bloggers with whom I am not familiar.
regards
jmb

Øystein said...

Thanks for the award! I am truly honoured. I would love to give an award back to you, but that would surely create an endless loop of awards :)

Here are my awards.

Chrysalis said...

Thanks for playing along, Ramona. I meant every word of it too. You know this.

So many new people I'm not familiar with. I'm having trouble just peeking in occasionally on all you I do know. I just finished a huge paper that was due, and now the cycle starts again. I miss being able to get around more often. Have a great Labor Day weekend!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!
i just started blogging not that long ago and running across this blog it seemed a bit too interesting to only read the first paragraph. I kinda got confused in the middle of it but the end just made it all go together like a puzzle. Please, who ever wrote this, keep me updated!