This is a repeat of the post I did last July 2. I wish you all a safe and happy July 4th.
- Never allow children to play with or ignite fireworks.
- Read and follow all warnings and instructions.
- Fireworks should be unpacked from any paper packing out-of-doors and away from any open flames.
- Be sure other people are out-of-range before lighting fireworks. Small children should be kept a safe distance from the fireworks; older children that use fireworks need to be carefully supervised.
- Do not smoke when handling any type of "live" firecracker, rocket, or aerial display.
- Keep all fireworks away from any flammable liquids, dry grassy areas, or open bonfires.
- Keep a bucket of water or working garden hose nearby in case of a malfunction or fire.
- Take note of any sudden wind change that could cause sparks or debris to fall on a car, house, or person.
- Never attempt to pick up and relight a "fizzled" firework device that has failed to light or "go off"
- Do not use any aluminum or metal soda/beer can or glass bottle to stage or hold fireworks before lighting.
- Do not use any tightly closed container for these lighted devices to add to the exploding effect or to increase noise.
- Never attempt to make your own exploding device from raw gunpowder or similar flammable substance. The results are too unpredictable.
- Never use mail-order fireworks kits. These do-it-yourself kits are simply unsafe.
Indian Hand Center
Reflections by Dr. Bruce Campbell---5th of July
Fireworks Related Injuries by the CDC
Prevent Blindness America