Thursday, November 29, 2007

Suture Self

Updated 3/2017-- photos and all links (except to my own posts) removed as many no longer active.

Shortly after I began my blog, I got a message through mybloglog from Dr. Judy Paley (Denver Doc Online), "I thought of the greatest name for your blog: Suture Self."
I answered her back something like "I kind of like the play on words I had--similar to working for a living." I still like the name of my blog.
However, the other day in Barnes and Noble while perusing books this book caught my eye. The title, Suture Self, reminded me of FemaleDoc's comment back in June. So I had to buy the book and am reading it now. It's not heavy reading, but is entertaining.
The synopsis: A bum hip has bed-and-breakfast hostess Judith McMonigle Flynn limping off to Good Cheer Hospital -- a questionable "haven of healing" where two recent patients didn't make the cut after routine surgery. Judith's trepidation at undergoing the knife is eased only by sharing a room with cousin Renie, who's in for rotator cuff repair. Though the cousins survive their surgeries, the ex-pro quarterback next door is permanently sacked after minor knee surgery. With the scoreboard showing Grim Reaper 3, post-op patients 0, Judith decides that she and Renie are obliged to get to the bottom of Good Cheer's carnage. But in order to sew up the case, Judith and Renie must probe into the suspects' psyches. And suddenly it looks as if the cousins' own prognoses could take them out of the game...for good.
I wonder if I had changed my blog name to "Suture Self" if I would have been in violation of copyright.

3 comments:

Jeffrey said...

suture for a living is a fantastic name.

Chrysalis said...

I agree with Jeffrey. I thought the name you chose was/is perfect!

denverdoc said...

Mary Daheim clearly enjoys a pun as much as I do. Her plot line, however, sounds bizarre. At least she actually wrote the book. I'm full of great titles but my book aspirations get no further than that. Thanks for sharing!

Judy