1. Please select your age category: 18-44 45-64 65 or older
2. Please enter your height: 5 feet 3.5 inches
3. Please enter your weight: 124 pounds
4. I am under 65 years of age AND I get little or no exercise. True False
5. I have a sister or brother with diabetes. True False
6. I have a parent with diabetes. True False
7. I am a woman who has had a baby weighing more than nine pounds at birth. True False
You have scored 7 points . This means I am at low to medium risk for having type 2 diabetes now, BUT may be at higher risk in the future. By simply changing my answer to question #4 to true (I get very little or no exercise) my score would go to 12 and put me in the high risk catagory. [0-2 is very low risk; 3-9 is low to medium risk; 10 or more is high risk].
1. Keeping my weight in control
2. Staying active most days of the week (walk, dance, run, just move
3. Eating low fat meals high in fruits, vegetables and whole grain foods
For more information, call 1-800-DIABETES (1-800-342-2383) Monday through Friday, 9 am – 8 pm (EST).
I'm going to get up and go take my dogs for a walk.