Friday, January 4, 2013

Two Hats and a Dog Sweater

Here are two more hats I managed to get knitted for Christmas gifts and a dog sweater.  This first one I made for a 10 yr old nephew.  He loves the hats I knit for him (which makes me happy).  It is made using Plymouth Yarn Encore Worsted Solids & Heathers yarn in a brown.  The pattern is Beanie No. 212 by Bernhard Ulmann. 


This hat was made for an adult nephew who has admired the hats I have knit in the past for the kids.  I finally made him one.  It uses the same yarn as the one above in a litter brown.  The pattern is Palindrome Hat by Kristin Bellehumeur. 

Now for the dog sweater.  My husband urged me to make this for our dog Rusty when we lost power Christmas evening and for the next two days.  It was rather cold and we were all grateful when the power/ heat came back on.  God bless the utility workers who toiled in the bad weather to restore the power.  I used Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick Solids, Twists, Heathers in claret.  The pattern is The Ozzie large dog sweater by Jenna Greer.   It fits him really well, but should have been just bit longer along the back.

And from the side

1 comment:

SeaSpray said...

Happy New Year Ramona! may it be a year filled with blessings for you and your loved ones ...including Rusty.

And Rusty looks DASHING in his new sweater! I'm sure he appreciated the added warmth.

What an awful time to lose power. What happened? having lost power for 7 1/2 days because of Sandy I know how cold you must've felt. First time we lost power more than half a day in cold weather. We want to go back to owning a wood stove when possible ..or pellet, etc. have to research options. Whole thing was very unnerving for a lot of reasons.

Anyway ...The hats and Rusty's coat are really nice.