Sunday, August 15, 2010

Eye Words Quilt Finished!

The quilt I featured a few weeks ago is finished!  I machine quilted it using a golden yellow thread in a Baptist fan quilting pattern.  The quilt is 50.5 in X 68 in.

I have become a fan of word quilts and am thinking of doing another.  Topics might  include animals (dogs, cats, horses, cows, llamas, etc) or perhaps bones (ulna, tibia, sternum, tarsal, zygoma, etc).

Here are some additional photos to show the lovely fabrics.
I love the dragonfly fabric used in the word lashes.
The backing is a spotted batik.

I was initially going to give this to a friend who is an ophthalmologist, but my husband has urged me to place it for sale on Etsy.  So it will reside there for a while and if no one buys it, then I will still give it to my friend.

No comments: