Friday, May 17, 2013

Kite Tails Quilt

This small quilt was made using 2.5 in squares (including seam allowance) of fabric left-over from other projects.  The pattern is kite tails.  It is machine pieced and quilted.  The back is the same white fabric as the front.

The quilt has three shades of blue (a medium, a dark, and a light), three shades of pink/mauves (a medium, a dark, and a light), and two shades of purple (a medium and a dark).

I haven't decided what I'll do with this quilt yet.  I may put it back as a reserve baby quilt.

3 comments:

SeaSpray said...

It's pretty Ramona.

I thought of you on Mother's day. (I always do :) I've been so remiss in reading/commenting in blogs, but just want to say I hope you had a nice Mother's day. I know it must be a bittersweet time for you ..as is for me ..since we lost our moms.

For some reason ...after 4 years ...this mother's day from early in the morning until night ...Mom was strongly on my mind and I was compelled to write.

rlbates said...

Thank you SeaSpray.

Gizabeth Shyder said...

Just got a big feast for the eyes with all your shared photos - not on Flickr so not sure how to comment there, but thanks for sharing!