Friday, March 8, 2013

Baby Jacket

This baby jacket is for a friend's first grandbaby.  The baby shower is this Sunday.  It is made using this garment with traditional embroidery from India that her daughter (the aunt-to-be) gave to me to use in a quilt or something.    Here is the front and sides which would wrap towards the back laid out flat.

 

And this is the back or as you see the inside of the garment (the back is really open).

 

I folded the garment in half long-wise.  Then using the Simplicity pattern 2900 I laid out the one pattern piece.  The jacket is lined with white cotton flannel.  I used bias binding along the sleeves and around the jacket to add a “pop” back.  Believe me it looks much better with the red binding than without it.

 

Here is the back.  I love how it turned out.


I think the baby's mother and grandmother will like the jacket.

3 comments:

SeaSpray said...

I think so too. Beautiful, Ramona! :)

Gizabeth Shyder said...

I agree - this is gorgeous, Ramona. Thanks for sharing.

Chrysalis said...

Beautiful, Ramona. Love all the colors. My girlfriend just found out she is about to be a grandma. She's so excited she can't stand it. So great to see how a little one can light up someone's face before they are even here!