Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sitting All Day is Damaging

I take this type of information even more seriously than I used to given my new job which is very sedentary.  Thanks DoctorMama for the link to this LifeHacker article:  How Sitting All Day Is Damaging Your Body and How You Can Counteract It

Related posts:
Pedometers and Physical Activity  (November 30, 2007)
Getting Back Into Shape  (November 13, 2008)
Exercise Only Good if Done (March 18, 2009)
Finger and Wrist Exercises (April 19, 2010)
Get Up and Move (January 28, 2010)

1 comment:

Cynthia Bailey MD, Dermatologist said...

I agree! Oh I have an ache-prone back and sitting is so bad for my back that anytime I travel I 'brace for impact'. I'm blessed to have an active job examining and treating patients all day in different exam rooms. I also have to stay fit and limber to live with less aches and pains. That means that yoga, swimming, walks and spin class are part of my 'physical therapy' to keep my pain down. Sitting....ouch!