Friday, October 15, 2010

Pink Bandanna Quilt

I made this quilt for my sister Cathy using bandana’s given out at the Susan G. Komen Race for a Cure here in Little Rock, AR (though I don’t recall which year). The bandana’s were a “freebie” from Ford. This year’s race takes place tomorrow. I'll be walking the 5K with @gastromom and @potato_chip.
The quilt is machine pieced by me and hand quilted by Scottie Brookes. I then did the binding, finishing the quilt in July 2004. The quilt measures 75 in X 89 in.
Here is a close up to show the fabrics better.

5 comments:

Maryjonono said...

Sweet quilt, Ramona! It reminds me of a Lilly Pulitzer dress! Cheerful, hopeful. Have a good walk tomorrow. I hope they raise a lot of money. I cheered on the route for some friends walking the Komen 3 day walk in Chicago. It was a very emotional day.

rlbates said...

Thanks, Maryjo. The weather is suppose to be lovely tomorrow. :)

agent99 said...

What a great quilt! I've staffed the medical tent for a couple of walks (podiatry) - never seen such gigantic blisters in my entire career. Bring 2nd skin and moleskin, just in case. Each time, it's so moving to see the tribute shirts, boobie hats, and sheer number of people out to support the cause.
Have a great walk.

Chrysalis said...

What a gorgeous quilt, Ramona!

rlbates said...

Thank Agent 99 and CA. :)