Friday, March 26, 2010

Abstract Art Mini-Quilt

Updated 3/2017 -- all links (except to my own posts) removed as many no longer active. and it was easier than checking each one.

The inspiration for this miniature quilt came from feedly. When there is no photo in the blog post, feedly will use stock photos. I liked this abstract one and “saved” it on my posterous blog.  I enlarged the small feedly photo and printed it out. I then used freezer paper to make my pattern pieces.

I hand sewed the pieces together.

I used the back fabric to self-bind the quilt, creating a mitered border. The miniature quilt is 13 in X 9.75 in. It is hand quilted.
The back has a 4 in sleeve sewn for hanging the quilt. 

6 comments:

Chrysalis said...

Ramona, you are something else! That is awesome. Very clever.

StorytellERdoc said...

I agree with CA, Ramona, how much talent do you have in that little finger of yours?

StitchinByTheLake said...

I have not one creative bone in my body and would never have though of doing that! Oh I can follow a pattern but dream something up from something I've seen - not gonna' happen. Wonderful quilt! blessings, marlene

whitey said...

This turned out great! Hope to try something like it one day.

rlbates said...

Thank you all!

Gizabeth Shyder said...

God Ramona, this is amazing. This is my favorite quilt ever. If I wasn't so busy on call I'd be over at etsy bidding on it. Hope I can find it tonight on my viral PC that shows no pics - I've never shopped at etsy. You are incredibly talented!