Friday, October 2, 2009

Hope Quilt

Updated 3/2017-- all links (except to my own posts) removed as many no longer active. and it was easier than checking each one. 

This post was initially meant to promote this quilt and help sell it.  I am grateful and amazed to tell you that it SOLD just two days after listing it for sale on Etsy!  So instead I will simply tell you about the quilt.
I was asked by Intueri to make a quilt to help her raise money for Multiple Sclerosis Society.  She is running the New York Marathon and raising money in honor of her friend who has MS.    If you would like to donate, then direct message Intueri on twitter for details or as she puts it:
And, lastly, if you’d like to sponsor me for the New York City marathon (all proceeds will go to the MS Society), have your people call my people (here or here) and we’ll do lunch.
The quilt is 15 in X 23 in.  It is machine quilted and pieced.  This was my first attempt to do “letters.”  I enjoyed it.  The “lucky you” in the “H” is from a nephew’s old blue jeans.

Here is the back of the quilt.  There is a 4 in sleeve for hanging the quilt.
This photo is just to show the “lucky you” ribbon better.

For more information on Multiple Sclerosis please visit the MS Society website.

15 comments:

Gizabeth Shyder said...

Fabulous!

drcharles said...

Very cool, all the way around, with an inspiring humanism weaved in!

Afflatus Archives said...

Hi, I love your blog and quilts

rlbates said...

Thank you all.

Carol said...

Lovely quilt for a god cause. Hope your marathon goes well.

Zonnah said...

I love it.

RosaMaría said...

very great quilt!!!!! i love labs too!

Heather said...

Wonderful word! Pretty colors! I love that you piece quilts and people.

Melanie said...

Thank you so much. As a quilter with MS your post touched me deeply. Thank you for helping find a cure through your donation.

Very Sincerely, Melanie

Rene' said...

Great quilt for a great cause. I can see why it sold so quickly. I absolutely love it!!! especially the Lucky ribbon from the jeans. Thanks for sharing.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

cute quilt - good luck on your race.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Jocelyn said...

Wow amazing quilt!

Aimee said...

What a creative little quilt and a wonderful reason to do it!!

Casey said...

It's a lovely quilt

Tonya Ricucci said...

wonderful quilt and such a good cause! I want me some of those lucky you labels - how fun!