Friday, July 31, 2009

Puss-in-Corner Quilt Top

While visiting with my husband’s cousin Bud at their family reunion in early June, he recalled me “loaning” him a quilt to use in the hospital when he had his heart surgery years ago.  He recalled it cheering him up and helping with the recovery.  I offered to make him a quilt.  Here’s the quilt top which I have sent off to be quilted.  It is approximately 58 in X 78 in in size, machine pieced.
The pattern is called “puss-in-the-corner.”  Each block is 6 in square.  I used reds, oranges, and yellows to make it bright and cheerful.
Here is a detail photo of some of the fabrics.
Here is another.  I’ll share the finished quilt when it is quilted and the binding is done.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Love the cheerful colors. I remember taking a quilted comforter for my mom in the hospital- it really cheers up a hospital room.

Celeste said...

I really, really love your color placement! What a visually thrilling quilt.