Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Spring & Gardening

Updated 3/2017-- all links removed as many are no longer active and it's easier than checking each one.

I don't have the right kind of soil for a garden. Too many crystal rocks. Still I love spring and the flowers it brings. Here's a picture of one of my clematis plants. It's a Ramona.


TBTAM seems to have a rooftop garden and Dr Smak has some lovely flowers. If you are one of those gardeners who grow from seeds, then you may want to check out this post on "How to Make Newspaper Seedling Pots" (photo from her post). Head on over to Patricia's website (a wonderful Arkansas quilter/teacher) if you are interested. The post has lots of photos that make the instructions very clear. Great way to recycle and be green.

And if you just need some inspiration check out the website for the Chelsea Garden Show. Wow!!! They have even shared some detailed planting plans from some of this year's garden designers. Makes me want to have several truck loads of good soil hauled into my yard. Maybe in the next few years I'll do it.

3 comments:

Margaret Polaneczky, MD (aka TBTAM) said...

Gorgeous clemetis! Mine doesn't flower till later in the summer...

Dr. Smak said...

I just may need to find some room for a 'Ramona'....great shot!

rlbates said...

Looking forward to the pictures of your "Henri".