Saturday, May 3, 2008

Hound Tooth Baby Quilt Finished

I recently finished the hound tooth baby quilt. It is 38 in X 50 in. I messed up one of the blocks, but didn't notice until the quilting was more than half done. Too late to change it then. I could say I planned it that way as a game of "Find the Different Square", but the truth is I just missed it. Still I like the over-all quilt.

The quilt is machine quilted. Here is a close up view.

Here is a view of the backing which is made up of five different flannel pieces.

3 comments:

Dreaming again said...

I found it, but not until my mestinon was wearing off and I was getting a bit of double vision ... and I thought it was ME

Ferd said...

Isn't there an old middle eastern custom of purposely adding a mistake to rugs and carpets, because only god can be perfect? You could always claim that! ; )

rlbates said...

Yes, Ferdc, there is even in quilting lore. Trouble is I can always find more than one mistake, so I don't usually need to add one deliberately. Still, thanks for the reminder.