Friday, November 15, 2013

Two Pairs of Non-felted Slippers

I really like how these slippers turned out.  The pattern is Non-felted Slippers by Yuko Nakamura.  It suggested so Yorkshire Tweed Chunky which I couldn’t find so I ordered Plymouth Encore Tweed Chunky.  The first one I knitted single strand was too flimsy so I decided to knit them using two strands of yarn which turned out lovely.  The soles are a blend of black tweed (color #217) and grey tweed (color #3525).  The tops or insteps of the one on the left used two strands of red (color #6389) while the one on the left used one strand of red blended with one of grey.

They fit my husband's feet (though I didn't manage to get a photo of him wearing them).  He's a size 9.  Here you can see them on my size 8 feet.

In an attempt to make them skid resistant, I used the technique suggested in this blog post (link removed 3/2017).  My husband found the Plasti Dip for me at Home Depot. 

I might should have added another layer of the Plasti Dip but I could definitely feel the resistance on my wood floors.

No comments: