Friday, November 8, 2013

Niche in Blue -- Finished

I finished this sweater recently.  I used the pattern Niche by Norah Gaughan.  The yarn is Berroco Maya™ in blue,  color 5632.  When I first tried on the finished sweater the boat neck was very stretchy and wanted to constantly fall off the shoulder.  I decided to do two rows of single crochet around the neckline to prevent that effect.  For me, it's much more comfortable now.
I really thought I got the sleeves the same length but looking at the photo above it looks like the right sleeve may be shorter than the left by a 1/2 or so.  Oh well, I didn't notice it when I wore it.

Here you can see the cable pattern goes from one cuff to the other across the front. 

I wore a short sleeved scoop necked white t-shirt under the sweater.  It's tucked into my jeans which is why the upper part of the sweater looks lighter than than bottom.  Here's the back.

No comments: