Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Shout Outs

Updated 3/2017-- photos and all links removed as many no longer active.


The Boerewors Emergency Medicine Chronicles has a great post which I think is worth your time:  On alzheimer's
…….....I think it is beautifully written and provides a real window into the difficulty of loving someone who has this disease.
“The thing with this sentence, this arrest of dementia, is that its greatest victims aren’t those who have it. That’s not to say that the diagnosis isn’t dreadful for the recipient, but there is a peculiar and particular hammering sadness for those that love and care for an Alzheimer’s spouse or parent.
It is a wearying and lonely obligation, but with the added cruelty that the person you’re looking after vanishes, escapes before your eyes. In the end, you’re caring for the case that someone came in………”
………………………………….
Check out this post from @JordanGrumet who blogs at In My Humble Opinion:  From Birth To Death
As luck would have it, she happened to die while I was in the room. I sat with her family as the last breath precariously left her lips. We waited for the next as if it was a forgone conclusion. It never came.
Walking toward the nursing station, my mind wandered back to medical school.
*
I tentatively followed behind the resident as we entered the birthing room. ………….
……………………………..
Asystole is the Most Stable Rhythm  (@doctorblackbear) tells us The Real Reason, On CBC Today
When I am asked the reason I chose medicine, I almost never tell the truth. I feel a little protective of the real reason and how it might be perceived by others, so I usually reveal some of my less sentimental and more cerebral motivations for becoming a doctor.
But, when given the opportunity to create a small radio piece about my grandad and how he continues to medically inspire me, I happily got to work……..
……………………………
Check out DinoDoc’s menorah’s
First Night of Hanukkah
Second Night of Hanukkah
Third Night of Hanukkah
Fourth Night of Hanukkah
Fifth Night of Hanukkah
Sixth Night of Hanukkah
Seventh Night of Hanukkah 
………………………………..
Moda Bake Shop has provided instructions for a Puzzle Box Quilt 

No comments: