Sunday, July 8, 2007

Sunday Morning Walk

 Updated 3/2017-- photos and all links (except to my own posts) removed as many no longer active.

I had a nice Sunday morning walk with my dogs. We saw two box turtles. The Arkansas Natural Heritage Department is conducting a "citizen survey" of box turtles. There is concern that these turtles are quietly disappearing from the landscapes across the country. Results from studies across the US suggest that box turtles are becoming less common. They want to develop conservation strategies for the turtles before they become rare. So they have asked the citizen of Arkansas (and any visiting tourist) to help them "gather empirical data will we be able to understand the true status and trends of these endearing species".

2 comments:

noneofyourbusiness said...

Thank you for the mention! :o)

You know, I thought I had you linked ... this has made me realize that you aren't. Do you have a different blog besides this one?

Blogrolling you now, and adding this to my RSS!

Thank you!

rlbates said...

Thank you Moof!