Friday, May 18, 2018

Bag for My Yoga Mat

Our local Lululemon hosts free yoga classes on Sunday morning.  I have been going to them since the beginning of this year (learning about them around Christmas).  I had been using a cheap (thin) mat I bought at Wal-Mart.  A couple of the girls who work there gave me one of theirs (new, 5 mm thick).  It is wonderful.  As it is heavier and nicer than my old one I felt I needed a bag to protect and carry it (although a carrying strap might have worked and I may yet make one).  I found a pattern at Annie's Bags (here's the link: http://www.byannie.com/yoga-bag).  Here's how it turned out.
 This side has three pockets, two with zippers.  The other side only has the middle pocket without a zipper.
 Both ends have non-zippered pockets.
As support for the store I have since purchased the same mat (different color) for one of my sisters.

No comments: