Friday, August 23, 2013

Scrappy Baby Quilt for T.A.

I made this baby quilt for my niece who is due to have her second child and her first daughter this November.  Her son was born two years ago.  Here's the quilt I made for him.  For this one I made 6.5 in X 9 in rectangles sewed together using cotton fabric scraps in a "crazy quilt" fashion.  I then sewed strips of gray flannel dog print to each rectangle.  A darker gray cotton was used for the strips with a red print used for the squares on the outer edge.  The finished quilt measures 40 in X 45 in.

 
As with my other scrappy baby quilts this one has many items of interest to make up stories or just play “I spy” – dog, bone, feet, angle playing a horn, steamboat.
 
And in these – motorcycle, dog, car, fireflies, cat.
 
In this photo find the cow, the football player, the owl, the girl, the cat.
 
In this one – giraffe, robot, car, dog.
 
The back is an old-fashioned flower print.

No comments: