Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Day in My Life

Inspired by @GregSmithMD’s post:  A Day In The Life
Reviewing disability cases, here are the allegations from a recent day.  Each bullet represents one individual and their allegations of medical determinable impair (MDI):
  • Hx surgery knee, reflex sympathetic dystrophy
  • Sickle Cell Anemia
  • Hypertension, Arthritis, and depression
  • Buttock and elbow contusion
  • Seizures
  • Broken Ankles
  • Stage II breast cancer, FM, chronic pain, asthma, sleep apnea, emergent rhinitis, urinary incontinence, migraines, eczema, adenomyosis, nephrolithiasis, RLS, HTN, GERD, lymphedema, plantar fasciitis, and mental
  • Frozen RT ankle
  • HIV/AIDS complicated by CMV

2 comments:

SeaSpray said...

Gotta love the buttock and elbow contusion.

Is it difficult determining who qualifies. they must have a base criteria to be met. ?

Shoot - I'd qualify with my knees. Except ..I would crawl before I would do it. What kills me is when I see people with the stickers in their car window, they pull up in the disabled parking and then zip right inside seemingly no pain or disability.

Urinary incontinence - I cannot fathom how it is a disability. Buy depends. But don't doctors sign these applications?

rlbates said...

Yes, there are rules and laws. Most of them did not qualify