Friday, April 1, 2011

New York Times Punked Once Again

Updated 3/2017-- all links (except to my own posts) removed as many no longer active. 

The NY Times initiated a pay wall earlier this week. The timing is fortuitous as they have been taken again by an April Fool's prank. You may recall how New York personal-injury lawyer and blogger Eric Turkewitz began last year’s prank with his April 1st post where he claimed he’d been appointed official White House law blogger. He and a cohort of bloggers and tweeters posted corroborating responses and updates throughout the day. Eventually the Times picked up the story.
Get more details of this year’s prank here.

2 comments:

SeaSpray said...

I love a good joke! :)

I followed your link, did some reading ..ended up at Dr Wes ..went back and here I am.

A bit confused for what the story was or is that the point ..no real story ..but I am missing what the times did print. ?

And still I think ..Hilarious. :)

Going back to look again. Or maybe if I go to sleep now, it will be clearer in the morning. :)

rlbates said...

Seaspray, check out this link

http://www.newyorkpersonalinjuryattorneyblog.com/2011/04/april-fools-day-deconstruction-a-23-blog-conspiracy.html