Friday, November 5, 2010

Cathy's Scarf Quilt

Updated 3/2017-- all links (except to my own posts) removed as many are no longer active and it was easier than checking each one.

Today would have been my mother’s 76th birthday, so it seems appropriate to share a quilt made for my sister of  old scarves embroidered both by our mother and us girls.  Back in June I shared the quilt I made for my sister Susan from some of the old scarves.
I machine pieced this small wall hanging, 34 in X 34 in, somewhere around 2000.  Cathy hand quilted.
Here you can see some of the embroidered areas better.

5 comments:

Jabulani said...

Such a lovely idea. Simple, yet effective - and laden with memories. Priceless.

Maryjonono said...

This is a beautiful treasure, so meaningful.

tk said...

I love it! It reminds me of the quilts my grandmother made . . .

StitchinByTheLake said...

This touches my heart. I have many antique handkerchiefs and have used several to make a quilt for my granddaughter...including one from my mother. Passing down memories - holding on to the good things we remember - it helps when my heart hurts and longs to see mother again. blessings, marlene

Chrysalis said...

Beautiful, Ramona.