I received this request recently, so I thought I would try to put a list together. Not sure it is the best list, but it’s an attempt. If you have any additional resources, please add them in the comment section. Thanks.
I was wondering if you would be so kind as to direct me to some biographical and historical resources on skin grafting in the treatment of burns.
Let’s first start with burn care / general information:
- American Burn Association
- BurnSurgery.org -- a comprehensive, up-to-date Educational Tool for burn care professionals throughout the world.
- Burn Survivor Resource Center (great information & links)
- John Hopkins Medicine
- Phoenix Society for Burn Survivors
- Total Burn Care by David Herndon, MD, FACS
The sites, journals, and books that deal with burn care will have information about skin grafting. Here are some articles/ books that are just about skin grafting:
- On the History of the Free Skin Graft; Annals of Plastic Surgery, September 1982 - Volume 9 - Issue 3; Hauben, Daniel Joseph M.D.; Baruchin, A M.D.; Mahler, Dan M.D
- Skin Grafting by Ross, M. D. , Jack C. Fisher, M. D. , John L. Ninnemann, Ph. D. Rudolph (1979, book review from 1980)
- Skin Grafting in Burns; Wounds Vol 20, Jul 01 2008, Issue 7: Chester N. Paul, MD, FACS
- The Mesh Skin Graft in Trauma: History and Preliminary Report on Acute Wound Coverage; The Journal of Trauma: April 1971 - Volume 11 - Issue 4 - ppg 347-351; SALISBURY, ROBERT B. LCDR, MC, USN
Support Groups for Burn Patients:
- Burn Survivors Online (in addition to forum has a nice list of books by survivors)
- Surviving Burns Support Services
- Burn Survivors Throughout the World, Inc.