This post is for Trauma Junkie, Surviving RT School, who has recently quit smoking (applauding you) and is starting a new carnival, A Source of Inspiration. The first edition is planned for Friday, February 13th. You have to love this logo (photo credit)!
Mark Twain said, "Quitting smoking is easy. I've done it a thousand times."
- your breath will smell better
- your stained teeth get whiter
- your clothes and hair will smell better
- the yellow stains on your fingers and fingernails will disappear
- food will begin to taste better
- your sense of smell will return to normal
Benefits to Your Health Over Time
These are improvements you will notice to your health over time if you remain smoke free.
An additional benefit is cost savings. Smoking is expensive and becoming more so as states continue to increase the sales taxes on cigarettes.
American Cancer Society
Other articles of interest:
Memorial to Virginia Johnson
Smoking: Become a Quitter
Arkansas Proposes 56 Cents Increase in Cigarette Tax