Friday, January 13, 2017

Three Pussy Hats

I have a friend going to Washington DC to participate in the Women's March on Washington.  She is meeting a few of her friends there who are also participating in the march.  There is a group (Pussy Hat Project) encouraging the knitting/wearing of pussy hats.  I knit three hats for my friend to take with her.  I knit all of them using the pattern KitKat Hat by Andre Sue.  I modified the body on hats the first and third hats.  This first one used the Milanese Lace Topper for the body.  The yarn is  Lion Brand Vanna's Choice in raspberry.

This second hat was knit using Loops & Threads Facets yarn in the color ruby. 
For the third hat I just continued the ribbing in the center of the front and back.  The yarn is Lion Brand Vanna's Choice in rose.
 Other patterns for the project hats can be found here (both for knitting and crocheting).

No comments: