Friday, September 11, 2015

Variation of Symmetry in Silk Scarf Finished

I finished the scarf using my modification of the pattern  Symmetry in Silk by Eugen Beugler.  The two yarns are Lotus (Trendsetter) Tibetan Cloud (100% yak) and Blue Ridge Yarns Silk Shimmer Lace (100% silk).  I started the scarf using left overs of the two yarns but found I had to order more.  I found an exact color match of the Silk Shimmer  but not the Tibetan Cloud.  My left over Tibetan Cloud was the "bone" color which I couldn't find so settled on the "fawn" thinking I could darken it slightly using tea or coffee.  My attempt at tea/coffee dying didn't work.  You can see the slight difference in my photos (sorry, the photos are the best but the second one is closest to the true color).  The scarf measures approx 66 in X 11 in.


No comments: