Friday, August 29, 2014

Drapplique Workshop and GAQS3

A couple of weeks ago a attended a daylong Drapplique workshop given by instructor Pam Holland.  It was one of the workshops associated with the Great Arkansas Quilt Show 3.  Had I known the techniques I learned, my quilt entry for the GAQS would have been a better quilt (assuming I had achieved some measure of skill with the techniques).  Here is my small quilt from the workshop.  It measures 11.75 in x 12.25 in.
As you can tell from the roots in this photos I am currently better at coloring than drawing/shading in colors.  I hope to improve with time and practice.
I don't have good photos from the quilt show, but would encourage anyone living in  or coming through the Little Rock area over the next several months to attend the show.  There are some gorgeous quilts!  My entry is my quilt "Fantasy Footwear."
.

No comments: