Friday, November 27, 2009

Chalkboard Daydreams

Updated 3/2017-- all links (except to my own posts) removed as many no longer active. and it was easier than checking each one.

Paul Levy, Running a Hospital, began a new segment on his blog to help raise money for good causes.
Some friends of mine are involved in a new company called BiddingforGood. …….
With the help of B4G and some of the BIDMC staff, I will be holding an on-line auction each month to benefit one of the BIDMC's affiliated community health centers or another worthwhile health care-related cause.
He asked me to make and donate a quilt. Here it is. It was machine pieced and quilted. It is made of 100% cottons with warm-n-natural cotton batting. It is 38 in X 42 in.
Here is a detail photo to show the fabric which inspired the quilt and the name “chalkboard daydreams".”
Here is the fabric on the back. I hoped the quilting would show more, but alas it doesn’t.

The bidding begins on Tuesday, December 1st. I hope you will bid on this quilt often and generously. Thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful. Here's the site for the auction: http://www.cmarket.com/auction/AuctionHome.action?vhost=gratefulnation

Y'all come back and bid on Tuesday, December 1, okay?

Jabulani said...

I agree with Paul. It IS a beautiful quilt and I wish it every success in the auction.