Friday, December 30, 2016

More Messy Bun Hats

I made these three messy bun hats using the same yarn (Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick Tweeds) and pattern (Messy Bun Hat II by Isela Phelps) which I modified slightly -- one for my brother's girl, one for a cousin, and one for a friend.


Pattern with my variations:
Used needles US size 10 and 11.  Cast on 56 stitches using the smaller needles.  Join to knit in round, careful not to twist.  K1,P1 for 8 rounds.  Switch to larger needles.  *Purl 5 rounds.  Knit 4 rounds.* X two.  Begin decreases with next round.  P5, p2tog, repeat around.  Purl all. P4,p2tog; repeat around.  Purl all.  K3, k2tog, repeat around.  Knit all.  K2,k2tog.  K1,k2tog, k3; repeat around.  Bind off. 

Happy New Year to you all

Friday, December 23, 2016

Cabled Slouch Hat

Recently finished this hat which I plan to keep for myself.  It was knit using the pattern father cables by Veronika Job.  The yarn is Lion Brand Wool-Ease in gray heather color.  I really like how it turned out.

Merry Christmas to you all!

Friday, December 16, 2016

Lizzie's Heart Sweater

This is the second sweater I've knit for our dog Lizzie.  It was knit using the pattern Cables and Hearts Dog Coat by Paton.  The yarn is Lion Brand Wool-Ease Sportweight in the color blue heather.  


Friday, December 9, 2016

Scrappy Baby Quilt

This scrappy baby quilt was made for my medical school roommate who's first grandchild (a boy) was recently born.  It is machine pieced and quilted. It measures 42 in square. 
 This area of the quilt has angles, words, a motorcycle, a bear, dogs, and trees.
 This are of the quilt has trees, a lamp, a girl, a horse, and flowers.
 This area has dogs, scissors, trees.
 The back features Dr. Seuss fabric.


Friday, December 2, 2016

Shirts for my dog Lizzie

I drafted a pattern for a pullover shirt for my dog Lizzie.  I used these notes as a reference which are quite helpful.


Here's my first one using an old T-shirt with the words "dog rule" on the front.
 Lizzie approves.


I did a bit of tweaking to tighten and raise the neck a bit as well as tightening the torso a bit too for this one.  It was made of left over fleece.  I used sock cuffs for the sleeves as I didn't have quite enough fleece.  The socks worked really well.
I'm not sure if I'll leave the pattern alone now or tweak it more.