Friday, October 30, 2015

Yule Hats

This two hats use yarn Universal Yarn Uptown Worsted Tapestry in Yule color scheme.The one on the left was made using Elf's Hatby Tara Mercer.  There wasn't quite enough of the skein for two elf hats so the second one is a simple basic hat.


Friday, October 23, 2015

Aviatrix and Kitamat Hats

I have started working on knitting hats for several of the grand-nieces/nephews and maybe some of the nieces/nephews too.  These two are for grand-nieces.  The one with the pink crocheted rose is the Aviatrix hat.  The pattern is  Aviatrix hat by Justine Turner.  The white yarn is Cascade Yarns 220 Superwash.  The pink yarn is left over Malabrigo Yarn Lace from the swirl jacket I knit a few years back. 

The pattern for the blue/white hat is Kitimat by Kayla Sparkes.  Both yarns are HiKoo by skacel Simplicity.
 



Friday, October 16, 2015

Second Memory Quilt Top Finished

Here's the second memory quilt using the mostly Tommy Bahama shirts for my colleague's family. The top measures 46.5 in X 60.5 in.  It is machine pieced and will be machine quilted.
 I used the pockets for this quilt.

Friday, October 9, 2015

Memory Quilt Finished

The first memory quilt from the mostly Tommy Bahama shirts for my colleague's family is finished.  It is machine pieced and quilted.  The finished quilt measures 51 in X 66 in. The photo of the full quilt isn't the best but I am pleased with how it turned out.
 This photo shows some of the fabric detail.
 This photo also shows some of the fabric detail as well as the tags/labels.
 Here is a section of the back which shows some of the quilting detail.

Friday, October 2, 2015

More Hats for Charity

These three hats will be added to others for a total of eleven to be sent to Knitting for Noggins.  I have sent them other hats in the past. The first two here were made from left over yarns from other projects.
This blue and white hat was made from Red Heart yarn as a "mock up" for a hat I will be making for my husband using wool yarn.  I wanted to get the white and blue areas the correct widths per his specifications.  Also I noticed that when the white ribbing is turned up there is a blue line so when I knit his I will decrease the ribbing by one row and add a row of stockinette stitch.